Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blogging



Random thought spiel for you guys really quick today. Blogging. Why do it, why not do it, why do I do it?

First off, I just want to say, I don't blog about male style to be REVOLUTIONARY. My blog isn't going to change the way the world will see fashion/style, if it does for a couple of you, awesome, if not, oh well, that's not what it's for. So what IS the point of my blog?

I've gotten many questions regarding my style, if I had been stylish all my life and such. As much as I'd love to say, yes, I've been reading fashion/style magazines ever since I was a child, that is not the truth. I haven't been stylish all my life, in fact, I was so unstylish, I was the butt of a lot of jokes back in high school. I wore cargo shorts or any other shorts for that matter all my life until I was out of high school. Here is a prime example of me in my senior year in high school:



So why does this matter? This is partially why I blog.

I blog simple styles that I enjoy wearing that I feel comfortable in, and in the same way, I create simple outfits that ANYONE can wear, they're not crazy or insanely creative (sorry for that, if that's what you're looking for, I'm sure my blog hasn't helped you with that and you're probably not really reading my blog anyways). I blog about things that I wish I had known about in high school. The simple tips on how to dress myself better. i.e.

1. fit
2. colors
3. basics

All the little things I wish I had someone tell me. I don't blog to get that coveted #menswear tag, I blog for anyone who wants to read it. Here and there I'll throw a random simple style tip, obviously they're jokes a lot of the time, I'm not the most serious guy in the world, but if you read between the lines, you'll get a pretty straightforward tip. I don't blog to influence you all to wear the same things I wear, if you want to take a couple things from my outfit that you like and use it as your own, feel free. But if you can learn a little something or take in something useful from my blog, then that's all I wish for. Or even if I can put a smile on your face from my corny jokes, that makes me happy.

I don't blog for the followers, no one should. If you have a blog because you think you'll be famous or because you want to be famous, you probably should not blog, because you don't enjoy it. It'll quickly become a chore for you. My blog is my journal, I'll blog regardless if I'm getting a lot of hits or none at all, I just enjoy it.

So to sum it all up. I blog because I enjoy it, if I help you in some way or form, great! If not, I'm sorry. If you want to start blogging, do it! If you enjoy it, then you'll have a great fun hobby that you'll enjoy doing regardless if it leads you anywhere else or not. I dress simple, because it fits me best, if you enjoy more extravagant looks/style, wear what you wear best! Not everyone is born stylish, I know I wasn't, so if you're not either, don't feel bad, join me in my crusade for style brothers! (and sisters)

11 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you !! first of all you have to do that for fun

    http://franchemeetsfashion.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I just recently got this comment about how I dress so casually compared to other bloggers. But your post is exactly how I feel about blogging. I wasn't always into fashion or dressing up either. I suppose I did enjoy looking put-together, but not to the extent that I do now and with the knowledge I have now. I can totally relate with you :)

    xx Megann / STYLE SURGERY

    P.S. I love your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be great and better if the apple don't always hit your face. Or maybe it's time to change a fruit. Dragonfruits maybe? hahaha! Just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posting and reading posts,
    that's my way to get inspirations.
    And to update my English haha..
    Anyway thanks for telling us your
    thoughts about blogging!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the people you've inspired here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. that post is amazing. I really enjoyed reading it :)
    have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gardening and Topsoil The Art To Creating Your Own Mulch For Your Garden

    Also visit my blog ... cedarbury Tree Nursery
    My webpage tree nursery ozaukee county

    ReplyDelete
  8. And me, I have been tracking the "peter adrian" tag on Tumblr to see what's your new outfit. I like your style and I am doing my own way of trying to see what clothes or style fit my personality and what style serves me the best comfort. You really are an inspiration to me to change the way I normally dress myself. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. but.. if i have to read in between the lines.. isn't that not straightforward?

    ReplyDelete